I cannot exactly say I am happy we are in another year. I do not share the ‘thank God for life’sentiment of Nigerians. Life to be life has to have a purpose and that purpose should set it in constant motion. Otherwise, what is the point. But that is a post for another day. Today I just want to take stock of last year with a view to…I do not even know.
A few good things happened in 2015
- I left LUTH for a much better health centre
- I began ARVs
- I came ‘out of the closet’ with my illness
- I met someone
- I got a job
- I made a great friend from an (read:this) unlikely place
- My mother replaced her car
Then things rapidly went downhill
- ‘Someone’ turned out to be no one worth my time
- I lost the job before I began, got another one and was fired from that one after two months
- I was diagnosed with severe depression
- I fell seriously ill several times
- I was unable to move out to my own place
In general, 2015 was quite a horrible year for me. I am a bit more cautious about effervescent optimism at this moment yet I am looking forward… And ignoring fear. Or trying to.
I think you are very brave. We should have more people speaking up. Its not a death sentence.
Happy new year my darling. God keep and shield you. How are you doing? Regards to your daughter and mum
I just got infected in November, although I’ve not tested positive yet but I’ve been having all the symptoms of hiv. Am here to draw strength and courage to face my life ahead.
How are you sure you got infected?
Am 100% sure, With all the symptoms I get every day I know I am. By march I will for another test but I don’t want to think about it.
Have you taken your test again? Please let me know.
Hey Joie…. how are you doing? Hope the year is going okay for you.
Hi Joie how are you? sorry it took a while to reply. I have been very sick but I carried out another test and it came out nagative. Thanks for checking up on me, although am still waiting to test again in six months because am still very sick. Please I’d love to work for an NGO on Hiv/Aids, if you are connected to any one do let me know. Thanks dear.