I cannot exactly say I am happy we are in another year. I do not share the ‘thank God for life’sentiment of Nigerians. Life to be life has to have a purpose and that purpose should set it in constant motion. Otherwise, what is the point. But that is a post for another day. Today I just want to take stock of last year with a view to…I do not even know.
A few good things happened in 2015
- I left LUTH for a much better health centre
- I began ARVs
- I came ‘out of the closet’ with my illness
- I met someone
- I got a job
- I made a great friend from an (read:this) unlikely place
- My mother replaced her car
Then things rapidly went downhill
- ‘Someone’ turned out to be no one worth my time
- I lost the job before I began, got another one and was fired from that one after two months
- I was diagnosed with severe depression
- I fell seriously ill several times
- I was unable to move out to my own place
In general, 2015 was quite a horrible year for me. I am a bit more cautious about effervescent optimism at this moment yet I am looking forward… And ignoring fear. Or trying to.